Sunday, December 18, 2011

HWS Build Part 4

Ok so here is the frame ready to be glued to the bottom skin:

Note the little triangular pieces that I added along the stringer for added strength and to help keep it straight.  I also added pieces of wood between each rib to keep them aligned during gluing. You may also note that this is a different frame (fishbones) than what I started with. I was very unhappy with the weight of the first frame so I took a couple of days away from the project and ordered a CNC cut frame from Greenlight Surf Supply. The manufacturer of the frame kit is Wooden Surfboard Supply.


Glued, clamped, strapped, weighted....OMG! This thing was like a wooden slinky!!!!


Unclamped!!!


Cutting out the extra weight of the wood guides:



Reinforcing the fin area with Paulownia blocks for either a fin box or...not:





Top skin glued and clamped to the frame. I Basically just used the measurements of the frame and transferred a pencil line gride to the underside of the top skin. I layed out ropes of glue on the grid and then just flipped it over and onto the frame:


Well just when things were going so well. The next day when I released the straps...BANG! The domed top skin just Popped free...literally with a BANG!



Just thought this was going too well!!!!   ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Walk away and figure it out, :  (



No comments:

Post a Comment